NBCOT - OTED Application Policy and Filing Deadlines
- All new OTED applicants who do not hold a master’s degree in occupational therapy must have an OTED application with payment to NBCOT postmarked by January 1, 2013.
- Aside from the OTED application, applicants are strongly encouraged to submit all supporting documentation e.g. transcript, course syllabi, course descriptions, program director form, license verification prior to March 31, 2013.
- Please note, the longer an applicant waits to submit the supporting documentation the more likely it becomes, if approved, that the applicant will have less time to take and pass the exam.
- As of July 31, 2013, incomplete OTED applicants who do not hold a master’s degree in occupational therapy will be closed. An application is deemed incomplete when one or more of the documentation requirements remains outstanding:
•Official Final Transcript
•Official course descriptions and course syllabi with date of degree completed on syllabi
•Verification of Academic Credential Form
•Program Director Form
•Verification of OT License, Registration, Certification or Other Form of Official Government Recognition Request form
- Individuals with an incomplete OTED application will need to reapply, submitting a new OTED application and supporting documents verifying completion of a master’s degree in occupational therapy.
- On January 2, 2013, only applicants with a master’s degree in occupational therapy will be able to apply to the OTED review process and, if deemed eligible, take the NBCOT certification exam.
- All previously approved OTED applicants, who do not hold a master’s degree in occupational therapy, must take the NBCOT Certification Examination for OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST REGISTERED OTR® by July 31, 2014.
Please review additional information on the NBCOT® website www.nbcot.org under NEWS.