Welcome to the online resource for NBCOT Certification Candidates!
In this section, you will find all the information necessary to apply for the OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST REGISTERED OTR® (OTR) and CERTIFIED OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT COTA® (COTA) certification examinations.
Use the guide below to navigate through to the information you need.
- Looking for information on the application process? Need to know if you are eligable to apply? Read the NBCOT Examination Handbook.
- Ready to apply, or need to check the status of your application? Go straight to the Online Exam Application, or if you need to apply by paper application, download that here.
- Did you obtain your education internationally? Visit the OTED section of the website to see if you are eligible to take the OTR certification examination.
- Are you an internationally-educated occupational therapist who has already passed the OTR certification examination and wish to apply for a Visa Certificate from NBCOT? Visit the VCVC page.
- Need help preparing for the exam? Want to know what to expect on testing day? Head to the Test Preparation section to view all of the NBCOT exam preparation tools available to help you get ready for the exam.
- Have you taken the exam and want to check your score? Are you curious about how the exam is scored, or what the schedule is? Scoring Information is your resource.
- Changing your name? Need to reactivate your ATT letter? Want to have your score sent to your state? Have another request? Visit Services or Forms for examination-related forms and requests.
- Still have questions? Our comprehensive FAQ section provides answers, as well as links to resources you may find helpful during the exam application process.