Program Associate, External & Regulatory Affairs Job Posting
The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) is a national not-for-profit organization that provides certification for occupational therapy professionals. As a distinguished organization that sets a world-class standard for the certification of occupational therapy professionals, NBCOT strives to serve the public interest in its diversity by advancing just, equitable, and inclusive client care and professional practice through evidence-based certification practices and the validation of knowledge essential for effective and safe practice in occupational therapy. We are proud to be one of the few certifying organizations accredited by two separate accreditation bodies: the International Accreditation Service (IAS) and National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
At NBCOT, justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) are an integral part of our mission and vision and having a diverse staff and inclusive workplace is one of the ways we put our values into action. NBCOT promotes a culture where employees collaborate in an energizing environment while focusing on the high-quality work that makes us stand out in the certification industry. We also believe that life-work balance is important, and demonstrate this belief with a 35-hour work week, hybrid schedule, and a generous benefit package that includes over 30 paid days off each year. We also offer paid medical insurance and a matched 401K plan. NBCOT is proud to be on the Nonprofit Times list of The Best Nonprofits to Work For in 2022 for the ninth year running, as well as being a Great Place to Work certified company.
$54,000 to $59,000 per year
- Paid time off
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
Associate or bachelor’s degree
Hybrid (Gaithersburg, MD)
The Program Associate position is a direct report to the Vice President of External and Regulatory Affairs. As a member of the External and Regulatory Affairs Team, this position is responsible for contributing to programmatic functions related to occupational therapy state regulation and community outreach including the NBCOT Ambassador initiative.
Administrative Responsibilities Related to Occupational Therapy:
- Complete tasks as assigned by the Vice President related to volunteers or external vendors
- Perform meeting planning, coordination, and post-meeting support tasks
- Create and maintain appropriate filing systems
- Complete editorial reviews of prepared content for publication
- Develop basic surveys and complete data analysis
- Provide clerical and administrative support
- Prepare meeting materials and perform quality assurance checks
- Prepare and monitor shipments to and from onsite meetings
- Assist with preparing data and reports
- Maintain up-to-date contact lists
National Occupational Therapy Certification Data Base and Platform Responsibilities:
- Manage and organize content databases
- Manage and maintain communications and resources
- Maintain, manage, and update volunteer databases
- Transition content to designated delivery platforms
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Exceptional attention to detail from routine to complex tasks
- Outstanding organizational and accountability skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, including business writing
- Proficiency in MS Office, with an emphasis on Excel
- Focus on ensuring accurate and detailed work
- Discretion around proprietary and highly confidential information
- Capacity to multi-task and demonstrate commitment to flexible and adapting/changing project timelines
- Ability to learn and utilize database management systems and cloud storage platforms
- Capability to effectively solve problems both independently and with others
Please note, this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this position.
NBCOT Commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
At NBCOT, justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) are an integral part of our mission and vision. We recognize, value, and celebrate the diverse backgrounds, lives, and experiences of all our stakeholders, including employees, students, certificants, regulators, educators, employers, and the public. More information can be found at https://www.nbcot.org/jedi Consistent with our mission, NBCOT provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
Ready to Apply
Please send resume and a cover letter outlining why you are interested in the position and why you are a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org.