NBCOT Board of Directors: Call for Candidates
Interested in applying to NBCOT's Board of Directors? Complete the online application and submit a current résumé by April 8, 2022.
- Published: March 3, 2022
The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. (NBCOT®) is seeking candidates for two positions on the board of directors: one Occupational Therapist Registered (OTR®) and one Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA®).
The term appointment for both positions is three years, with the possibility of reappointment to a second term. The initial term will run from January 2023 to December 2025.
Our board of directors is responsible for establishing the strategic vision of NBCOT and promoting long-term growth and financial stability. There are typically three face-to-face meetings annually (held on a weekend to reduce work conflicts), one board committee meeting, and additional virtual obligations from time to time.
We encourage OTRs and COTAs from all practice areas, geographic locations, ethnicities, genders, and backgrounds to consider applying for this prestigious volunteer opportunity. We are committed to a board that reflects the diversity of our nation and our mission.
Interested in applying? You will need to complete the online application and submit a current résumé.
Things to Remember
- Be sure to review the NBCOT Candidate Guidelines and Board Member Responsibilities.
- Please complete the entire application, which includes several open-ended questions, before submitting.
- Only completed applications will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee.
Complete the application online and submit, along with a résumé, by Friday, April 8, 2022.
- Call for Candidates opens: March 1, 2022.
- Call for Candidates closes: April 8, 2022
- Interviews by Nominating Committee (selected candidates only): June 2022
- Voting by OTR and COTA certificants: July 11 – August 14, 2022
- Announcement of newly elected board members: August 15, 2022
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.