Renewal Extension 2020
- Published: March 17, 2020
There is nothing more important to us than the health and well-being of our certificants. We have been carefully monitoring the COVID-19 situation and the associated impact this is having on conferences and continuing education events. We understand that as a result of these extraordinary times, it may not be possible for you to accrue all your units by the March 31 renewal deadline.
NBCOT will extend the renewal deadline for 2020 until May 31.
- All certificants due to renew in 2020 will retain their active OTR® or COTA® certification until May 31, 2020.
- This gives you two additional months to obtain the units required for certification renewal.
- If you do not renew by May 31, 2020, your certification status will change to Expired on June 1.
- If you renew your certification after May 31, 2020, you will be charged the late fee.
The Certification Renewal Activities Chart lists the 32 ways you can accrue units—many are free and accessible from the comfort of your home. The NBCOT Navigator®, for example, can be accessed directly from your MyNBCOT account, where you will find over 100 tools to earn units to support your continuing competency needs. You can earn a total of 14 units from the Navigator to apply toward the renewal requirement. The Navigator is provided to all OTR and COTA certificants for free, and 41 states plus the District of Columbia recognize it as an option to satisfy, in part, that state’s requirements toward licensure renewal.
If you have any questions regarding your certification renewal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.