Aspire® Exam Prep Tools
NBCOT Exam StudyPack™
The NBCOT Exam StudyPack is a comprehensive exam prep platform to support a student's personalized study plans.
- Compare results with other students currently preparing for the exam
- Practice with hundreds of practice test questions
- Includes flashcards, Knowledge Match, study guide, practice tests, mini tests, practice simulations, a full practice exam and so much more!
Our entry-level Self-Assessment tools is an excellent resource to help students identify their self-perceived indication of knowledge, skills, and experience in relation to the validated domains and tasks of OT practice.
- Using the tool before and after fieldwork can help students identify gaps
- Unlimited use
- Feedback report can guide personalized study plans
The NBCOT Study Guide includes test-taking strategies and effective study habits and tips.
- Available in hard copy or online
- Sample questions with answers, rationales, and references (200 for OTR and 175 for COTA)
- OTR only - sample Clinical Simulation Test (CST) item with answers, rationales, and references
- COTA only - sample six-option multi-select items with answers, rationales, and references
Students are able to study anywhere at anytime with our online Flashcards.
- Over 500 terms and definitions across the domain areas of the OTR and COTA exam outline
- Customizable settings to enable learning in Study or Quiz mode
- Sorting feature allows you to place cards into piles of terms you know ("Know It") and terms you want to review ("Study It")
Knowledge Match Game
Students can test their knowledge in a fun and interactive environment.
- 20 games covering a range of OT topics
- Receive immediate feedback
- Includes recommended reading list at the end of each game
Test your students' readiness for the exam by simulating the exam experience with one of NBCOT's practice tests.
- Items reflect current content from the OTR and COTA exams
- Receive a scaled score at the end of the test along with a feedback report
- 3 OTR practice tests
- 3 COTA practice tests
Occupational Therapy Knowledge Exam (OTKE)
The NBCOT Occupational Therapy Knowledge Exam (OTKE) is an online, cohort-based test designed exclusively for OT program directors to assist with analyzing students’ performance related to the validated domain and task statements for entry-level practice. The OTKE is an excellent tool for assessing a student’s occupational therapy knowledge and skills in advance of setting specific fieldwork goals.
MOT and OTD programs have three OTKEs to choose from:
- OTKE 100: 100 three- and four-option single-response multiple-choice items
- Full OTKE 1.0: 3 clinical simulation items and 170 multiple-choice items
- Full OTKE 2.0: 3 clinical simulation items and 170 multiple-choice items
OTA programs have:
- OTKE 100: A 100-item test containing three- and four-option single-response multiple-choice items and six-option multiselect items.
You can order or manage OTKE tests by logging in to your Program Director Portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the OTKE?
The NBCOT Occupational Therapy Knowledge Exam (OTKE) is an online, cohort-based test designed exclusively for program directors to assist with analyzing students' performance related to validated domain and task statements for entry-level practice.
What is the difference between the OTKE and the NBCOT online multiple-choice practice test?
The NBCOT online practice tests are available for students to purchase directly through their MyNBCOT portal or for the program director to order through their Program Director Portal. At the end of the test, only the test taker receives a report showing their overall scaled score and scores across each of the major domain areas of the test.
The NBCOT Occupational Therapy Knowledge Exam (OTKE) is an online, cohort-based test designed exclusively for program directors to assist with analyzing students' performance related to the validated domains AND task statements for entry-level practice. The OTKE tests are purchased and managed through the Program Director Portal.
What are the benefits of having my student take the OTKE?
The OTKE is structured using the same exam outlines that guide construction of the NBCOT certification exams. The score reporting mechanism allows program directors to select and print customized score reports for individual students, classes, or across multiple cohort groups.
The OTKE score reports provide program directors with in-depth information about their students' performance in the following areas:
- Percentage of items scored correctly by each student at each task level
- Number of items scored correctly by each student across the whole test
- Percentage of items scored correctly at the domain level by overall cohort group
What is the difference between the Full OTKE 1.0 and Full OTKE 2.0?
The new Full OTKE 1.0 and Full OTKE 2.0 both include three unique clinical simulation test items and a unique set of 170 multiple-choice items to mirror the format and flow of the actual certification exam. Both tests meet the specifications of the Content Outline for the OTR Examination. For additional information, please visit https://www.nbcot.org/-/media/NBCOT/PDFs/2017_OTR_Outline
How much time do you recommend be allotted to take the OTKE?
The OTKE is an untimed test. It is recommended that the OTKE 100 be completed in two hours and the Full OTKE 1.0 and 2.0, available for MOT and OTD programs, be completed in 4 hours. However, if you have a student who requires testing accommodations, or if you wish to use the OTKE as a part of a class assignment, you can allow your students to have additional time to complete the test. Students can monitor their time-use by checking the clock on the menu bar of the computer they are using.
How much is the OTKE?
The OTKE 100 is $15 per test. The Full OTKE 1.0 and Full OTKE 2.0 are $25 per test. It can be purchased and managed by the program director directly through their Program Director Portal. Payment can be made using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.